In this episode, I’m chatting with GST/HST REBATE specialist RAMI MIRANSKY. His job is to help his clients qualify for the new housing rebates and make sure they get back the maximum amount of money they qualify for.
In this conversation we discuss the following:
1. What is HST and when does it get charged when it comes to purchasing or selling real estate
2. Breaking down the THREE types of New Housing Rebates offered in Ontario and what is the differences between them
3. HST New Housing Rebate for homes purchased from a builder (pre construction)
4. HST New Housing Rebate when it is for your principal residence vs when it is a rental property
5. HST New Housing Rebate for Owner Built Homes
6. What Happens When You Buy an Assignment? Who gets the HST Rebate?
7. What documents you need for the HST New Housing Rebate and what is the deadline to apply by
8. What are the maximum and minimum amount of the rebate that you can get back
9. Common mistakes people make when it comes to the HST New Housing Rebate (AVOID MAKING THESE!!!)
10. What is a “Frustrating” Event when it comes to real estate and how it affects if you qualify for the HST Rebate
We seriously talk about EVERYTHING. I know it may be a lot of information in this episode but if you are buying a new house, make sure to watch this episode all the way to the end. It could help you avoid losing out on THOUSANDS of dollars.